FFT: Changes

I've recently looked back at my life these past few years, and I've been a bit shocked by how much I've changed.

Now don't get me wrong, these are good changes (at least, I'd like to think so), but the person I was five years ago is not the same person I am today. I was naïve, and I wasn't aware of a lot of things happening around me. I let myself be walked over and I didn't understand things of the world. Important things. Now, as I look back at the girl I was then, I feel proud of myself for evolving into who I am today.

It's not like I regret being who I was back then. If I wasn't her, I wouldn't be me. I had to go through the things that I did in order to become who I am now. Those things made me who I am, and I wouldn't change them.

But changes are all around us, whether we're graduating or moving, getting a job or being fired. We can't stop the world from changing all around us, and why would we? Changes are what make us better, what help us learn from our mistakes, what help us become resilient.

I found a few quotes that helped me explain what I am trying to say, since these people say it much better.
“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” –Jim Rohn
“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” -C.S. Lewis
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” -Maria Robinson
“When in doubt, choose change.” -Lily Leung
I hope what I said today helps you all a little bit.

How have you changed? Do you wish to change things in your past?

Yours,

Labels: ,