FFT: Brave Enough to Smile

This is a new thing I'll be doing randomly on the blog. I call it "Food for thought." I'll ramble about things that I think are important for others to know.

I was reading a post from Kristen Ashley's blog, and she tells this story where she saw this really hot guy was interested in her, and only her.
But because she was shy, she didn't look at him. She ignored him. And then, when he was gone, she wondered what would've happened if only she was (my words) brave enough to smile.

And that's me. I'm always the shy person who never looks at hot guys because I'm afraid I'll say or do the wrong thing. But how will I ever know if I never try?
I read books all the time [insert sarcastic "No, really?"] and I'm always wondering what would happen if I met those guys. You know, those guys.The ones that make you fan yourself thinking, "Holy crap, what would I ever do if I had myself a piece of him?" But in my situation, I'd probably ignore them and hide.
And what for? For a few moments' reflection on wondering what if? It's not worth it. It never is. It's better to close your eyes, say a quick prayer, and take a chance. Better to get hurt than spend the rest of your life wondering what could have happened.

Now, "brave enough to smile" doesn't necessarily mean just smiling. It could mean being brave enough to say hello or to approach the person.

Trust me: Almost anything is better than What Ifs.

So next time, I hope I'll be brave enough to smile. And who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky ;)

So my question to you: Which characters from your favorite books have inspired you to be brave enough to smile? or if you haven't been brave enough, Which characters from your favorite books would you model after if you thought you could do it?

Yours,

Labels: , , ,