Review on Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism

This is the last daily book review. From now on, I'll be posting a review every Friday and every once in a while during the week!
This book has many dear memories for me. My mom bought this book for me in Spanish (yes, I read in Spanish) and it has been on quite a few trips with me. The title's really catchy too!

Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism by Georgia Byng
 
The blurb:

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Hypnotism

Molly Moon is no ordinary orphan. When she finds a mysterious old book on hypnotism, she discovers she can make people do whatever she wants. But a sinister stranger is watching her every move and he'll do anything to steal her hypnotic secret...
Unlucky and unloved, Molly Moon, living in a dreary orphanage in a small English town, discovers a hidden talent for hypnotism and hypnotizes her way to stardom in New York City. 
This book is book 1 part of a 5-part series. It can be read as a stand-alone book.
Age: 8 years and up
Review: 5 stars
Like I said, this book holds many dear memories for me. This was one of the first fantasy books I ever read. I absolutely love the way Byng portrays Molly, and the world that she plunges her into. Molly seems to have a sort-of superpower: hypnotism. I was drawn into the book and I really felt like I was Molly. This book is mysterious, but in a naïve sort of way. It wasn't dark, but it still had me wondering what was going to happen next. This book is definitely for those who love reading about fantasy, adventure, and hypnotism!
I didn't know whether to classify this book as fantasy or merely fiction, because hypnotism is real. However, reading the rest of the series, I realized it is indeed a fantasy book.

Yours,

Labels: , , , , , , ,